Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Holocaust Book Club Reflections

It makes me thankful for the things I have in life and how I am treated as a human being. I’m thankful for this because I’m able to get a education, do activities, and go anywhere I want to, without being told I can’t or being abused for it. And I’m able to get things like food, water, and a home. But with Leon he wasn’t able to go outside without being scared that someone was going to kill him or hurt him. Or that when he had to wear a yellow star on him and having to wear certain things and only allowed to do certain things. Leon had said, “Sometimes food was available on the black market, but one had to exchange. The Nazis provided limited amounts of bread but not much else”. This letting me know and teaching to be thankful that I have this freedom to do things Leon wasn’t able to through out most of his life. This makes me be thankful for the food I have, the education I am provided with, how I am treated like I am human and how I have feelings to.

How the choices people made during the rise of the Nazi Party and the Holocaust taught me about power and impact me. It taught me that we as children can’t let people brainwash us and that we have a mind of are own. We can’t have other people telling us what’s right and what’s wrong because we have a mind of are own. Like how Leon was saved by Schindler, Schindler knew it was wrong to treat Jews like this and he tried to save as many as he could. The choices that were made before helped us know that someone shouldn’t have power to brainwash someone into thinking something bad and that we have to fix are mistakes. When Hitler had all that power so many people suffered and died in horrid ways that people can’t even comprehend, so we as the new generation need to know that we have minds even though we might not think the same we have are own options in life.

1 comment:

  1. Bihar BSEB Board 10th Model Paper 2021 – Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) has released latest question paper. If you want to download all the subject of BSEB Board 10th Model Paper 2021. You may download by given link below.BSEB 10th Question Paper 2021.If you want to get all the update of BSEB Board then you may visit our site regularly.BSEB 10th Question Paper 2021 Bihar School Education Board (BSEB) has released the Bihar Board Model Paper PDFs 2020-21 for Matric (Class 10) and Intermediath Previous Question Paper Aspirants Of Class 10th Can Easily Understand the Ratio of the Easy and Difficult Question Asked From Each Unit of the Subject.

    ReplyDelete